Careers at Penny & Sinclair
Sales & Lettings Negotiator
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Penny & Sinclair office in Henley on Thames.
Penny & Sinclair are looking for a dynamic and conscientious candidate for an entry level Sales & Lettings Negotiator role. This is a great opportunity to start a career in the estate and lettings industry as well as being a fantastic opportunity to gain a well-rounded view of the industry. This is a full time position for a self-motivated beginner that is eager to learn. Ideally you would be local to Henley and you must have a driving license and own car.
As a Sales & Lettings Negotiator, you will be responsible for managing a database of tenants and buyers, arranging and attending viewings, negotiating offers and terms as well as providing feedback and assisting with move-ins.
- Full time, based in Henley on Thames
- Efficient diary management
- Register applicants and match applicants to properties
- Arrange and attend viewings
- Supervision of an effective applicant database, ensuring regular contact is made with all prospective tenants
- Canvassing / leafleting to seek new business opportunities including
- Correctly record all messages, viewings and appointments
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with landlords and tenants
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism and provide a first class level of customer service at all times
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great communicator
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good local knowledge
- Good MS Word, Excel & Outlook skills
- Quick learner
- Keen to progress
- Team player
Full training would be given to entry level candidates.
Competitive basic salary + OTE
To apply, please send your CV to James Donigan, Director - email@example.com
Short Let Property Coordinator/Property Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Penny & Sinclair office in Oxford City.
Penny & Sinclair are looking for a Property Coordinator/Property Manager within the busy and developing Short Let department. The main purpose of this role is to care for our high end and luxury Short Let properties ensuring a high level of guest and owner satisfaction.
Key responsibilities include:
- A point of contact for Short Let guests during their stay and property owners
- Efficient Organisation of check ins and key collection for guests
- Organise and manage weekly housekeeping (before, during and after a guests stay)
- Visiting the homes to carry out housekeeping inspections and maintenance checks
- Manage relationships with owners and guests, ensuring first class service delivered at all time
- Commission any necessary maintenance, renovation and refurbishment work required to maintain properties to the expected standards and monitor any such work to ensure it is carried out
- Ensure effective linkage and communication with other departments including sales, lettings and accounts
- Control the quality of contractors for repairs and maintenance
- Organise supplementary services such as gardening, painting
- Coordinate guest check outs – this may include appointments on
- Sundays or out of normal working hours where £25 per appointment is paid to you
- Manage the return of damage deposits which may involve a balance of assertiveness and diplomacy
- Liaising with property owners to ensure that their property is suitable and prepared for the Short Let Market
- Ensuring keys are thoroughly controlled and managed at all times
Organise Gas Safety Certificates and other necessary legal compliance requirements
- Liaise with the in house Design Coordinator to assist owners with interior design improvements and ensure the property is marketed to its full potential
- Assist with any Short Let booking enquires as required
- Communicate and work closely with other members of the Short Let team for clarity and smooth operation of the department
- Be responsible for the emergency telephone dealing with any maintenance reports as per scheduled rota
- Work 1 in 4 Saturdays with a day in lieu given during the week
- Occasionally and respectfully contacting home owners for payment when required
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Experience dealing with the public in a face to face customer service role
- Ideally will have worked in a similar coordination or property manager role
- Genuine interest in property and luxury homes
- Detail oriented with proven planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation
- Full driving license and own car
Salary between £18,000 - £23,000 per annum depending on experience
Penny & Sinclair Short Let Department
A significant number of people use Short Lets as a more cost effective and convenient solution to hotels. There is an ever increasing demand for those seeking flexible, short term self-catering accommodation. Guests typically include holidaymakers, university academics, film crews, clients who are between house moves and professionals who have interim work contracts.
Properties can be booked by guests for as little as one week and the rental price includes all utility bills, council tax, a weekly linen change service and Wi-Fi. We have built and continue to maintain an excellent reputation for hosting and managing some of the finest and well situated Short Let properties in Oxfordshire.
To apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday & Saturday Assistant required for immediate start at our office in Henley on Thames.
We are looking for a polished and competent assistant to join our busy team covering office admin, registering buyers and tenants and booking appointments for our valuers and negotiators. Competitive hourly rate available. Please call James Donigan 01491 739000 to discuss or send your CV to - email@example.com
At Penny & Sinclair, we are always keen to hear from those with experience or those looking to get into the industry. Please feel free to send through your CV for any future roles to Roseanna Horn - firstname.lastname@example.org